Living in a big city has its perks, one of which is that a lot of expos and fairs come through. I’m going to the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo in Schaumburg on April 12-13, Saturday and Sunday, as an official blogger. I’m not on a gluten-free diet, though, and neither is anyone in my family.
It might seem a bit odd to be going, let alone to be covering as a blogger, right? Hang on. Let me list a few very good reasons why it’s not odd:
- My husband and my eight-year-old may have an intolerance to wheat and/or gluten, although results aren’t terribly consistent. This is new, and they haven’t been tested yet, but I’d like to explore my options and learn more.
- By virtue of being gluten-free or allergen-free (i.e. soy, wheat, etc.), products are sourced more responsibly, and the whole GMO debate is often moot. Two (or three, or four) birds, one stone.
- Many gluten-free and allergen-free products are also organic, which I prioritize on my grocery lists.
- Schools are becoming increasingly entirely nut-free, so I can pack these snacks in the kids’ bentos with peace of mind.
- Brands that make it in this competitive niche have to have tasty products. And I appreciate tasty products.
So if you’re in the Chicago area and haven’t given this expo a second thought, let these reasons will be your second thought. So should tons of free samples (of food and health and beauty products), family-friendly fun with Radio Disney on Sunday, informative classes, and proximity to IKEA to make a whole day of it.
Speaking of samples, here’s a peek at just a few of the vendors you’ll see there:
- Bob’s Red Mill
- SO Delicious
- Enjoy Life
- Nature’s Path Organics
- Way Better Snacks
- local health and wellness businesses
Giveaway and Discount Code
So the fun part: I get to give away a family pack of five tickets, up to $100 in value! These are good for one day (April 12th or 13th) at the expo held at the Schaumburg Renaissance Convention Center. Enter via Rafflecopter below; I’ve made it super easy–no long essays or complex tweets required. The giveaway is open from now through Monday night at 11:59 CST, and the winner will have 24 hours to respond and claim the prize. Good luck!
**Don’t want to enter the giveaway? No problem: Use code BLOGCHI to get a whopping 35% off discount when buying tickets online.**