When I first started researching bentos, this shiny number immediately caught my eye. I loved the way the Three-in-One stacked two boxes and came with a small container (hence, three in one). Options! I love options.
I included the ECOlunchbox Three-in-One in my bento container round-up, so I was excited to receive the container from the company to review. If you’ve browsed my bento gallery, you know that I’m fond of packing the boys’ lunches in two stainless steel containers. The Three-in-One is the same concept, but gets stacked and clamped together in one tidy package.
Here’s a quick quesadilla lunch I packed:
And here’s what it looks like stacked:
Here’s what I love:
- It’s quite roomy. That’s two layers of quesadillas (4 total), and it still takes up only half the height of the bottom container.
- It’s versatile. The size can accommodate grown-up and kiddie appetites alike, and the use of silicone muffin cups means that you can fit a myriad of different foods.
- It’s a snug fit. And that’s a good thing. The top tier fits perfectly into the bottom using a just-right amount of pressure.
And here’s what’s good to know:
- Lids might be hard for wee ones to use. This depends on your child, of course, and my kindergartener used it with ease. But toddlers and probably even preschoolers will need a grown-up’s help.
- Standard silicone muffin cups are too tall for the bottom tier. They are just as tall as the box, height-wise, but you need a bit of clearance for the top tier to fit. I don’t consider this a “con”; it’s just the design of the container, and what makes the whole thing work in the first place. You can see what i mean in this photo from the ECOlunchbox website:
See how the fruit container has a ridge on the bottom? That’s how much nests into the bottom tier. These square muffin cups look like a perfect fit, as they’re slightly shorter than standard size.
I wasn’t sure how my kindergartener would take to it. But as he climbed into the car when I picked him up from school, he told me how he showed off the ECOlunchbox to his teacher, “Miss H” the lunchroom aide, and all his friends. The next day, he specifically asked that I use it again and that, under no circumstances, is his older brother allowed to use it.
He must have inherited my love for shiny things.
And thanks to the sponsorship of ECOlunchbox, you can too. WIN the ECOlunchbox Three-in-One by entering the giveaway below! Remember that completing all entires increases your chances of winning. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway